Friday, November 5, 2010

One hit wonders (Part 2)

A couple of weeks ago I did a post about one hit wonders n music. I got some possitive feedback about that post so here are some more one hit wonders that I remembered.

Kazzer-Pedal to the metal

Are there any people that remember this one? A super energetic Owen Wilson lookalike that raps over rock music about cars and speed.In this video he runs like the wind, kicks some bad guy's ass, plays the guitar, rocks our socks and finally defeats some really fast cars in a speed contest(by feet). In the end of the video he leaves in his car like it was just another ordinary day. This kind of music is not my cup of tea but for some reason I like this song.




Baha men - Who let the dogs out?

I used to hate this song. Now I like it (kind of)... I never understood what was wrong with these dogs? Dogs need to go out pee, poop, run and meet other dogs.
Baha-men is a band with a long history. They formed in the 70's with another name but they changed their name in 1991. This is their biggest hit (2000). They still make records and perform.



Sisqó - Thong song

OK. He had some more (minor) hits but we all remember him by this epic song and his silver hair. Eventually he got hit by a lightning because of his metal hair.(no) he entered the english big brother in 2010.



Emilia- Big big world

1999, ballads were the big thing. This girl really likes to sing about the world. Her biggest hit was called "Big Big World", in 2009 she tried to participate in the Eurovision contest (with Sweden) with the song "You're my world" and What a surprise! Her last album was called "My world". I love Sweden and Swedish artists, so I like her too.



I will come back with part 3 at some point.
P.S.
White Town is a one hit wonder artist (his biggest hit was "Your woman"). He was asked at some point how did he feel that he was a One hit wonder. His answer was one of the coolest answers I've read by an artist:
Better Than being a NO hit wonder.
White Town's official website
The Lazy House Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment